Saturday, December 19, 2015

Super Green Smoothie Bowl

Finally, it is the weekend.  What are you having for breakfast today? Hmmm.....  Well here is a quick, easy, and healthy idea for you :).

I love breakfast! If you follow me on Instagram you have probably noticed that I post breakfast pictures all of the time.  If you don't follow me on Instagram you probably should, just saying (use the link on the right to get to my account).  I love both sweet and savory breakfasts.  But, regardless of whether I am in a sweet or savory mood, I like to throw some veges into breakfast.  This super green smoothie bowl tastes like tropical deliciousness, and gets its green color from a little avocado and spinach.  Here is what we are making:



Here is what you will need:

1/2 frozen mango, cut into chunks
1/4 frozen avocado, cut into chunks
1 inch piece of ginger
juice of 1/2 lime
handful of spinach
11oz of coconut water (or just plain water)

If you didn't remember to freeze your mangoes and avocados you can just throw in a few ice cubes.  Freezing them just makes the smoothie creamier.





Put everything into the blender and blend until smooth.  You can drink this like a smoothie or pour it into a bowl and top with whatever you like.  Pictured here are a few more (not frozen) mango chunks, blackberries, vanilla almond granola, and chia seeds.


Now sit back, enjoy your smoothie bowl and pretend you are on a tropical island.


Happy eating and best health,

Dr. G









No comments:

Post a Comment